Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tomorrow's Talent- Digital Painting

Peace and Blessings,

The time has arrived to announce our "Tomorrow's Talent

the Mr. Charlton Palmer aka CP the Artist.


CP The Artist is a self taught artist. He has a variety of work that portrays life, love, hope, tragedy, purpose, self-expression, and spirituality.

His work has a little urban, digital, abstract, modern, and classical art. But, with a more speciality in digital painting, graphic art, traditional oil, and acrylic painting.

To sum it up, his work gives the viewer of an old school feel of painting with a modern and digital feel, which is more relatable to todays form of art. 

WOA believes and knows you will appreciate his work, as well as, his insight on ART



1. What's ART to you?

Art is the expression of beauty, life, death, and all in between done by the works of the mind.

2. When did you realize or appreciate your craft?

I realized my craft around the first grade. My cousin who was in the second or third grade, showed me a picture he drew. I looked at it and I said, "I can do better than that." From  there art was something I did to amuse people. Today, I only appreciate my craft when I'm able to just let myself go. Meaning I just open up to my heart and soul and I create.

3. During your artistic journey, what saying or situation did you come across that you will never forget?

Vincent Van Gogh "I put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." Those words are so true and meaningful.

I like to open my mind and surprise myself. In the movie StepBrothers, Will Ferrell's character says to his brother, "When I sing, it's like I'm hovering over myself, watching myself sing." It's so funny because I am not satisfied until I am able to amaze myself.

4. Have you come across bumps through your artistic journey? If so, what happened? What motivated you through it?

Yes, one of the bumps was finding out who, as an artist, I wanted to be. I struggled over what style I should have, who I'd market myself too, and what type of artist I wanted to be known for. I ended up just being me, undefined and unpredictable in my art. I threw out all the labels and I decided to do whatever art I wanted to do.


5. I had read that you would like to reach out the youth through your craft. Why?

Yes, when I grew up I didn't like to listen to my parents or teachers. I was rebellious. I believe that using my talent and positive examples can help the youth stay or go the right direction. I want the youth to believe in themselves, dream big, fight for their goals, and to care about others. I had visited a Tri-Cities High School in Atlanta. I met with the gifted and talented art students. I lectured them on techniques and my journey. They asked a lot of questions and were so thankful for me to talk to them. It was an amazing experience I will never forget. My hope is that I can be a positive role model in a world that has a few good ones.

6. What INSPIRES your craft?

God. I can't do anything without him. He is my greatest inspiration, because he gave me my talent.

7. Lastly, what would you say to the inspiring artist out there, who are afraid to take that risk?

I say "Walk by faith and not by sight." We all are afraid of the unknown. But if God's given you a gift, He wants you to use it. God obviously has your back. He is forever faithful.




Vincent Van Gogh "I am still far from being what I want to be. But with God's help I shall succeed."



No comments:

Post a Comment