Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wings of Art (Ghana Edition)

Last month (July), I was fortunate to return to Ghana, Africa to visit my kids at FEDEP International School. Last year, I was able to create an art program for the kids. Unfortunately, the school nor the kids had the resources such as crayons, colored pencils, etc. So I was able to purchase the little amount of supplies that I could while I was there.  

This time around I had to go back to visit my kids since I promised to visit them. I knew I wanted to bring them something, which is when I remembered how happy they were when I purchased the little amount of supplies that I did last year.

So I decided, why not spread the word about these kids who love to draw, but do not have the resources to do so. I am happy to say that the word did spread about my trip to Ghana and how I was collecting art supplies for the kids. 

We received the following supplies:

Colored pencils,
Pencils,
Construction Paper,
Glue,
Stickers,
Markers,
Scissors,
Folders,
Pens, etc.



The kids were listening to the Educational Director as he explained to them about the 
"surprise".
They were amazed to see what was being given to them.













"Through ART we can make a difference."


No comments:

Post a Comment