Friday, April 2, 2010

Alexa Meade

Blessings Beautiful People,

I was told by a friend about an artist named 

Alexa Meade.

On Friday, April 2 I went out to 19th street to 

Postmasters Gallery to check her out.




Let's just say you have not seen any painting like this before...seriously!

When I saw it online it seems as if I was looking at a live picture or an actual human being in front of me. I couldn't believe this was a painting.

When I went to the gallery to visit Alexa's collection it was jaw dropping to see how detailed she is with her paintings.



To give you alittle background on Alexa, she's 23 years old from D.C. who worked on the Obama Campaign. She graduated with a Bachelors in Political Science from Vassar's College.

Instead of pursuing her Political Science career her artistic hunger took over, which has lead her to her painting journey.

Alexa talks about her painting in stating, she "invented a painting techinque that makes 3 dimensional space  look flat, blurring the lines between illusion and reality."

Check her out:











(The camara or your eyes isn't bugging out...that's how the painting actually looks)








This work is from another artist (I don't know the name...oops!)












No comments:

Post a Comment