Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tomorrow's Talent- Sublime Dreamer

Blessings Beautiful People,

Fashion is an area that is always changing day to day and minute to minute,
but what not better way then to get into the minds of the young people who are changing it.
For this is the reason why Wings Of Art interviews "Tomorrow's Talent."

Wings Of Art is honored for Brian, founder of Sublime Dreamer in taking the time out to do this interview.

Check it out....

Brian is a 19 year old student at the University of Delaware majoring in Finance, as well as appreciates anything creative and unique.



1. What's the story behind "Sublime Dreamer"?

I founded Sublime Dreamer in 2008, and the motivation to do so was because of the lack of creativity and uniformity I saw from the current clothing lines at the time. So I decided to come out with my own line that was unique, and actually stood for something. The word Sublime simply means supreme, best or outstanding. And "dreamer" is self explanatory, everyone has dreams they aspire to accomplish and strive for, whether it's in school, sports, work, or whatever. We all want to be the best at whatever our dreams are, as well as working towards it.. hence the phrase "Sublime Dreamer."

2. What makes Sublime Dream different from the other clothing lines?

I think it's the fact that we are a universal brand. Most lines only cater to a specific crowd or their clothing is tailored for a certain audience. However our line, what I have seen is that everyone can relate to it, and wear it. From skateboarders, to sneakerheads, hip-hop lovers, to indie rock fans, etc. Sublime Dreamer isn't boxed into one category and I think that's what really makes us unique.








3. Explain the logo?



When I started the line I had three points I wanted to make sure I covered: simplicity, uniqueness, and rarity. Then,  I thought of a panda bear, its simple (only black and white), it's rare, and it's a very unique animal. That's where the bear logo originates from. As for the one eye and the nose pointing to the top right. It represents always looking ahead, moving forward. When most people think of going forward or moving ahead, they usually connect that with going to the right and/or upwards, while going left or downward holds a negative connotation. 

4. Do you consider what you do a form of ART?

Yes, I do. I feel any outlet of expression or vision is a form of art. With that being said, different forms of are have served as an inspiration for me, whether it's music, street art and the list goes on. 

5. How and when did you begin to involve people to be apart of the Sublime Dreamer movement?

In the beginning of 2009, I brought my idea to my closest friends: Kyle, James, and A.P and they loved it and from there we began. I feel a lot of our success has been due to the fact that we all bring different things to the table, which makes us well-rounded. For example, 

Kyle is an excellent marketer and promoter, he can convince you that the shoes you have own are terrible and you should take them off. Then, he'll convince you to buy the same shoes that you just took off, he's that good. 

James aka Woody, has a knack for seeing things in ways that without him bringing it to our attention, we would have never thought.

A.P, is a hardworker and reliable, whenever we need something accomplished, he's the guy. 

As for as myself, I bring creativity and great understanding of business. We make a great team and I'm blessed to have such a team around me.


6. Has it been an easy journey in making your vision a reality?

Not at all, it's been all about hardwork and obstacles. One example of an obstacle to overcome is balancing school and Sublime Dreamer. We travel a lot such as different fashion shows/events in addition to holding our own events, while being a full-time student. There have been times where we've had a show one night in a different city, where I don't get home till 1 or 2 in the morning, but have a final at 8am. Definitely long days and even longer nights. However, I've been able to stay on top of school and still handle business. You just have to work hard.

7. What advice would you give to all the young and inspiring fashion designers?

Do you, it's as simple as that. I always get asked for advice, tips, etc. from aspiring artistis, but what worked for me won't work for you. You have to do things your own way, that's what makes your line unique. It's a reflection of you, your vision, and dreams.

8. Is their a quote or saying you live by?

We're all about working hard and nonstop so we go by the motto:

"While you sleep, we work...while you work, we work HARDER."














No comments:

Post a Comment