Sunday, May 23, 2010

DunkXchange

 I went out to Club Blvd on Bowery Street

for the Dunkxchange.

DunkXCHANGE is where people can sell their new or old kicks, as well as sell their clothing lines.

This is my 2nd time attending and it's been good thus far.

There's a DJ playing some of that Old Skool Hip-Hop, while people are networking, and shopping for some new kicks and shirts.

Here is the reason why the CEO Gary Hughes created this:

"I actually bought 3 pair of fake Heinekens Dunks from China online that cost me around $1400. I have a wife, kids, and bills to pay. So, when I saved my money for sneakers, I wanted to get the kicks I was paying for. To get duped like that, it crushed me. I could not pay my bills cause some counterfeiters got away with murder. One night, I just had enough. Ironically, it was with a 6-pack of Heinekens. I came up with a concept on paper of a store that had a stage, speakers, a DJ, and a diner in it. After thinking it over, I knew realistically and fiscally, this store was not going to happen. That’s when I came up with the idea for Dunkxchange. The name comes from one of my favorite shoes, the Nike Dunks, and I was inspired by my purchase of fake Heineken Dunks, the name Dunkxchange was created."



























No comments:

Post a Comment